Friday, January 21, 2011

Ricky Gervais opens up to Piers Morgan about Globes controversy tonight


Ricky Gervais will appear on Piers Morgan’s CNN talk show this evening (set your DVRs), where he’s expected to continue addressing the Golden Globes controversy that has dogged the comedian since he hosted the annual awards program last Sunday night.
“It’s not my job to worry about what people think of me, that’s the job of a politician,” Gervais reportedly tells Morgan, according to THR. “I don’t care what people think of me.”
Trying to follow what people think of Gervais in the wake of the Globes is enough to drive a sane person crazy. Shouts of support and condemnation have echoed from both sides, with some actors saying they loved Gervais’ barbs while other members of the Hollywood Foreign press  Association claiming the host went too far.
“They hired me for a job, and if they didn’t want me, they shouldn’t have hired me,” Gervais tells Morgan in the interview which airs tonight.
Gervais also made it clear earlier this week that, while he enjoyed his hosting stint this year, he would not return to host the Golden Globes next year if asked.